This sprout salad is a perfect fall salad that you can eat plain for lunch, or serve it up with a side of soup or toast. Today I plan to have it for lunch with a side of cauliflower soup (recipe also coming soon!). I'll be eating this salad for a few days because this recipe makes 4-6 servings. It's even husband approved!
· Shaved brussels sprouts (I used the whole bag of shaved brussels from Trader Joe's)
· 4 cups of arugula
· 1/4 to 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (I did a little less than 1/2 cup)
· Roughly 1 cup of chopped walnuts
(you can always do less, I usually just eyeball it!)
Ingredients for salad dressing:
· 1 teaspoon of dijon or spicy brown mustard
· 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
· 1/4 cup of olive oil
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Make your dressing in a bowl and stir it up with a fork
2. Combine salad ingredients in another bowl
3. Combine, toss, and serve!