Hey guys! Happy hump day! Today I am sharing a super antioxidant loaded, flavorful kale salad. It might just be my favorite salad ever. Do you remember my spring roll recipe from a few weeks ago? Well, this salad is actually another recipe I learned at the bachelorette party in July thanks to nutritionist Erika Laurion. Last week I had my friend Elyse over for a lunch date/picnic and she took all of these awesome pictures (and filmed the video below)! You should check our her photography website. It's AMAZING -- she is one talented lady. How cute is this pic below she took of my puppy Luna? Luna just wanted a taste of the kale salad- who wouldn't!? :)
· 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
· 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of honey or 1/4 cup of agave
· 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
· 1 clove of grated garlic
· A generous pinch of salt
· 2 heads of broccoli
· 1 bunch of washed kale
· 1/2 cup of shredded coconut (unsweetened)
· 1/2 cup sliced almonds
· 1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Whisk all dressing ingredients together.
2. Chop broccoli into small pieces.
3. Massage kale in hands (see video) after chopping into small pieces.
4. Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Add dressing and toss to coat. ENJOY!
*I served the salad with a side of Cava spicy hummus, Mary's Gone Crackers and tuna salad.
PHOTO CREDIT: Elysees Eye
Don't forget -- you can put any extra salad into mason jars and pack them for lunch and they will last a few days! Kale is awesome for meal prepping because it doesn't get soggy like other lettuce!