- Salmon fillets with skin on (try to find ones that are 1-2 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons brown or Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- juice from half of a large lemon
- Soak the cedar planks in water for at least 1-2 hours. (You can even soak them overnight)
- Light your grill. Grill should be between medium and high heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients other than the salmon.
- Cover both sides of the salmon fillets with the mixture, and place the fillets on the cedar planks.
- Place the planks on the grill, and grill covered for around 15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
- Let them sit for a few minutes after you remove from the grill, and enjoy!
*We usually re-use our planks a couple of times. If you want to make this recipe even easier, you can buy pre-marinated fillets from Whole Foods ON the planks and then make your own marinade the next time you use the plank!