I just made some for the rest of the week, because I've been struggling post Halloween weekend getting back on track. I just had too much crap around the house and haven't had the energy to cook healthy meals (I also didn't get the chance to grocery shop for the week until last night so that didn't help). If you follow me on instagram you probably saw my Halloween dirt cups, pumpkin dip, etc…SUGAR OVERLOAD. Of course it's okay to have a few treats once in a while, especially on a holiday or when you're hosting a party, but don't let it carry on for days. Sometimes after I over did it I think "Oh, I've already messed up...might as well keep this going." Not a good way to look at it! That's when I have to step in with my rational brain and say, "Okay, that was fun. Now time to get back on track." Sooooo that's why I'll be starting my days off with this bad boy over the next few days. That should do the trick :)
· 2 cups of water
· 1 pear (cored and chopped)
· 1 apple (cored and chopped)
· 1 banana
· 2 celery stalks
· Juice from 1 lemon
· 6 cups of romaine lettuce
· 7 cups of spinach or kale
1. Add water to your blender or Vitamix and blend with the greens first. Start at a low speed until smooth.
2. Add spinach, celery, apple and pear and continue to blend at higher speeds.
3. Finally add in lemon juice and banana (I like to use a frozen banana!)
4. Enjoy first thing in the morning! This makes about 3 servings and it keeps well in the fridge. This can be breakfast, or if you are still hungry you can have a piece of fruit or a small bowl of oatmeal after.